1) Unplayable Lie
a) Ball lands in woods and if found. Player determines an unplayable lie.
b) Ball is up against a fence or tree.
1. If unplayable anywhere in woods, drop two club lengths from
edge of woods on a line from where the ball is found. New lie
can be in rough or fairway, but can't result in ball being on
green or fringe. 1 STROKE PENALTY
2. If ball is up against a fence or tree, follow same rules as 1.
1 STROKE PENALTY
3. Player may try to hit ball out of woods or against tree or fence.
2) Lost ball from tee
a) Hit another ball from tee (provisional ball). This must be taken before leaving tee area.
b) If first ball found, see unplayable lie rule.
c) If first ball lost:
(1) Stroke and distance from estimated entry point. Sitting three, hitting four or,
(2) Play provisional ball. Sitting three, hitting four.
(3) player has a choice of 1 or 2
d) If provisional ball is not played and ball is not found, player may not go back to tee and hit
a provisional ball.
3) Lost ball hitting from fairway
a) Two stroke penalty from entry point
b) Two club length drop, no closer to hole
4) Lost ball on fairway
a) if agreed upon, place ball on fairway where assumed it landed. NO PENALTY
5) Water Hazard
a) Play ball where it lies - NO PENALTY
b) Return to previous lie - ONE STROKE PENALTY
c) Place ball behind hazard on line with hole and where it entered the hazard - ONE STROKE
d) Hit from ball drop area - SITTING TWO, HITTING THREE
6) Preferred lies
a) Because of the condition of the golf course, lift clean, place in fairway and rough, but no
closer to hole. Ball may be placed no more than twelve inches from original place. If ball
is in rough, it must stay in the rough.
b) If ball is on cart path or in one of the many rocky and dirt areas, ball may be moved so
that you may safely hit the ball. Movement should be no closer to the hole.
7) Playing the wrong ball.
a) TWO STROKE PENALTY
b) Player whose ball was hit in error, should hit another ball from approximately the place
where the ball was hit.
c) If this occurs in CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP or any other match play situation, player hitting
wrong ball, AUTOMATICALLY LOSES THE HOLE.
8) Ball in Sand
a) Can rake sand if ball is in a foot print or similar lie. NO PENALTY. CAN'T PROP BALL ON A
9) Putting Green
a) If ball at rest is struck by ball from off the green, that ball must be returned to its
original position. The ball that did hit remains where it landed.
b) A ball that is hit by a putt is a TWO STROKE PENALTY on the struck ball as long as the
person who hit the putt asked that the ball be marked.
c) Severe green damage or puddles allows ball to be moved no closer to the hole.
d) Gimees should only be given if agreed upon by an opponent in a match play situation. All
other should be played out.
10) SPECIAL SITUATIONS
a) Sixth Hole will be played from the RED TEES by ALL FLIGHTS.
b) EIGHTH HOLE - If ball hits net, it shall be played where it lies, as long as the player has a clear
shot. If impeded by the pole, ball may be moved so that player has a clear line of sight. If ball hits
a pole, it must be played according to the above rules. If it hits pole and goes into the woods, lost
ball and unplayable lie rules apply.
c) SIXTEENTH HOLE - All "A" Flight Players will hit off the WHITE TEES. "B" Flight and "C" Flight
will hit off the RED TEES.
d) MAXIMUM SCORE ON EACH HOLE
PAR 3 - When at 7 STROKES, pick up the ball and RECORD 7
PAR 4 - When at 8 STROKES, pick up the ball and RECORD 8
PAR 5 - When at 9 STROKES, pick up ball and RECORD 9
If you are not wearing the UNIFORM SHIRT, you will get a warning at check-in. IF YOU ARE NOT
WEARING THE UNIFORM SHIRT THE SECOND TIME, YOUR SCORES WILL NOT COUNT.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!
During SPECIAL EVENTS, such as FALL CLASSIC and the SHOT-GUN START IN OCTOBER, before the annual
CLUB MEETING and LUNCHEON, ALL PLAYER MUST RIDE.
1. top 8 players in each flight, qualify for the championship.
2. Players must have played at least 10 rounds in the season to qualify.
3. Match play format. No maximum stokes.
4. Everyone in the top 8 remains in the tournament. The losers of the first round
go into the "losers bracket".
If a person misses the first round, he goes into the losers bracket automatically.
5. 80% handicap in head to head competition.
6. Strokes are given according to the course's hole difficulty, based on score card,
e.g. 3 strokes handicap, on stroke on each of 3 hardest holes.
7. Winner of match has won more holes than are left to play.
8. If there is a tie after 18 holes, the 18th hole is played again. If there is still a tie,
go back to the score card. The player who first won a hole is declared the winner.
9. The 6th Hole is omitted from the #1 HANDICAP HOLE. The 14th Hole Par 4
is now #1 HANDICAP HOLE.